Monday 3 October 2011

Study Task 1//Love, hate

5 examples of Graphic Design that I love and hate

 Yulia Brodskaya


Work by Yulia Brodskaya, a Russian Graphic Designer/Illustrator displays experimentation with paper-craft and illustration. The way Yulia creates a piece of design is incredibly eye-catching and forever questionable. The process of how she plans, sketches and then produces her final outcome suggests dedication and a time consuming craft. Yulia's practice is so detailed yet still works effectively from a distance. The skill and technique in which Yulia has acquired is captivating. 

Harriet Russell


I really enjoy the comical ideas that go into Harriet Russell's work. Equally her illustration skills are presented in a style which I find particularly eye catching. Also, her use of type is always fun and interesting. 




 Julene Harrison 




Julene Harrison, originally a constructed textile designer turned Graphic designer, is known for her distintive paper cutting style. Similarly to Yulia Brodskaya's work, I like the authentic effect that the traditional craft creates. 




Danilo Rodrigues 



For me, Danilo Rodrigues produces work that I really do not like. The overall style is too busy and digital looking. Also, I do not find the colourways thats he often displays very eye catching. 

Magomed Dovjenko 



Similarly to the the previous designer, I did not like this style. Mainly because I think it has too much going on to really communicate anything. Also, I think it has quite an aggressive look.    


No comments:

Post a Comment