Monday 11 February 2013

Responsive//Batiste//Cosmic Print continued

If a cosmic print is going to be used for the a pattern, doing it myself might be an option. Here is a video of how to create your own cosmic print. 

How to make your own cosmic print



Here is a step to step guide with instructions and images found on a blog. 


Cool Customiser: DIY Galaxy Print Tee

"For this DIY you will need: a garment (I picked a simple black T-shirt), Hairdryer, Bleach, Water, spray bottle and a paint brush."



"Next I laid out the T-shirt (on a safe surface with nothing around it to avoid damage from bleach splatters). I also placed a plastic bag inside the T-shirt so the bleach didn’t seep through to the back of the garment, but you can choose whether you want to do this or not."






"Let the spraying commence... I did a few light sprays then used the hair dryer to accelerate the bleaching process, so I could see my pattern emerging. Drying in between your sprays allows you to see where to spray next to create an effective pattern.


To really create the galaxy/cosmic effect I then twisted the fabric in the middle of the t-shirt to form a swirl/spiral. I then sprayed more heavily in the middle to produce the lighter centre. Then use the hairdryer it really helps!"


"As you can see after the t-shirt is flattened the constellation effect is more obvious."



http://www.company.co.uk/fashion/cheap/DIY-galaxy-print-t-shirt




No comments:

Post a Comment