Sunday 12 May 2013

OUGD501//Self Evaluation


 1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Within this module I think I have become better at applying a concept based on theory into a practical piece. Last year I found myself trying to communicate quite a broad subject. This year I feel as though I have picked a more specific and relevant subject area in which I found more interesting to research. Therefore, my research skills have improved and I am beginning to make the separation of useful resources and research that doesn’t inform my practice. I have really tried to ensure my final piece is presented the best way possible and I think my photography skills have improved therefore helping in the way of my presentation skills.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
In terms of design production I feel as though I was quite ambitious and did something a bit different. The concept was the main focal point in this module, linking the theory to the design. I felt that my concept was strong and I worked hard on expanding it to communicate the theory.  I think I tried something different with the glow in the dark design. I have learnt that it is important to try as many processes as possible even if they don’t go to plan.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
In this module, my design was probably stronger than my academic writing. I think my organisation skills were strong in this module and feel as though my final piece represents this. Because I was organised, I had time to make sure my book was to the standard I wanted. I think overall, my research was good and my blog displayed this. I think my work looks more professional in this module as my photography skills have improved.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I found writing the essay quite challenging, as it was longer than last year. I found it hard to find a subject that I could talk about in depth and interested in at the same time. For me, it is important to write about something that I am genuinely absorbed by. I want to improve my academic writing for my dissertation. I think another weakness of mine is exploring a variation of outcomes. Instead of settling the first ideas I come up with, I need to attempt to produce more ideas even if I decide not to go with them.

 5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
Next time I will be more specific in choosing a subject area for the essay as I think I will find it easier to write about. I will also do spend more time on planning my essay as I think it will help my overall structure. As I find referencing quite confusing, I would like to learn how to do it properly and use a variety of different resources to improve my knowledge. In the future I will try to gain some primary research and try to gain information in different environments. Lastly, I think I would try to expand my concept onto other products or even create a campaign linked to my concept.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas?

Attendance- 5
Punctuality- 4
Motivation- 3
Commitment- 3
Quantity of work produced- 3
Quality of work produced- 3

No comments:

Post a Comment